Gareeb Sewa Society (GSS) was established as a socio-economic development organization, is trying solve the problem of poverty, to upgrade the standard of the life of the most marginalized and vulnerable people of the society. Our objective to find out of the box solution, to solve the problem of the poverty. The society is trying to reach out in the lives of poor sections of the society, by establishing contact with individuals and communities at the grass root level.
The concept of the society was conceived by a young engineer Madan Lal from Roorkee University (IIT Roorkee) about 40 years ago when a literary programme was started for the poor people, and a girls school was opened in a village named Belda near Haridwar, Uttaranchal, India. Since then the society is working in different parts of Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal. However, social work was started in Delhi state about 10 years ago. Since then GSS is working for poverty alleviation for the overall development of the poor people, involving in the fields of Rehabilitation, Education, Health Care, Free Legal Aid and Environment.
Our mission is to work to advocate the cause of the poor people at all levels for their socio-economic development and for their human rights, to achieve our objective with kind support of dedicated & committed individuals and organizations.
Our vision is to bring big socio-economic change for poverty alleviation, based on true justice, freedom, equality and integrity where every individual can able to get the fruits of economic development, by the power of resources of 21st century.
Aims & Objectives
- To support poor people technically and financially for employment generation to make them sustainable.
- To rehabilitate them to work for socio-economic development.
- To give them free legal advice and to teach them about human right development activities.
- To involve them in social and skill development activities.
- To empower poor women to improve their socio-economic situation in the society.
- To provide scholarship / financial add and other support to poor & talented children & girls group marriage.
- To implement socio-economic development projects to solve the problem of poverty.
- To develop a strong network of good people and originations to support poor people at all India level.
- To conduct seminars/ workshops/ conferences & media activities to create awareness in the society.
Comment your ideas, if you want to solve the problem of poverty from India & the world.